According to Outside Magazine (online gift guide, Nov 2016), our lotion bar is a “Guaranteed Pleaser: Love and Leche’s Mountain Goat lotion bar served us well after a day of rock climbing, moisturizing split fingers and calming blisters. It also excels as a lip balm and tames scraggly facial hair.”
Our lotion bar absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy residue, and smells like pure, natural beeswax, with no extra scent added. And as if natural oils and untreated local beeswax weren’t enough, we infuse our almond oil with Certified Organic Calendula flowers, a powerful skin-healing and nourishing herb. Our solid lotion won’t spill or dry out, and comes in a tin that’s perfect for packing in the backpack or the suitcase.
Here’s what men use our lotion bars for:
- after climbing to protect calluses and counter the harshness of dry chalk
- camping, hiking and river adventures
- soothing eczema and sunburn
- healing split fingers and knuckles
- bringing relief to chapped lips
- softening your beard or using after shaving
- to keep bass strings supple
- oiling Aikido sticks (ok, a woman told us this)
Our lotion bars come in a tin and are hand-poured and weigh approximately 2 oz.
Ingredients: Pure beeswax, coconut oil, and almond oil infused with Certified Organic calendula flowers. Our beeswax comes from Santa Fe Beekeeper Steve Wall of Buckin’ Bee Honey. Our calendula is grown by Boxcar Farm, a small family farm just outside of Taos, NM.